Concept Geophysics has used Microsoft Project for numerous project management tasks.
This course trains participants in both the operation of Microsoft Project and project management principles in general.
Participants are shown how to set up a project and make project baselines. They are also shown how to use these baselines to track and manage a project once underway.
Concepts covered include:
- Project Scope and how to manage changes in scope.
- Estimation of Task Duration
- Task Scheduling
- Resource Scheduling
- Risk Management
- Cost Management
- Time Management
- Earned Value Analysis for early detection of project problems
The following project Management strategies are discussed, and participants are shown how to apply these:
- Contingency for time and cost
- Changing a project to suit individual profiles for your team and how to identify the appropriate profile for each team member (including yourself).